Kentucky offers gifted education services for identified students across all grade levels. Primary students are screened and selected as high potential learners and students in grades 4 -12 are formally identified for services in one or more of the following areas:
- general intellectual aptitude
- specific academic aptitude
- creative or divergent thinking
- psychosocial or leadership skills
- visual or performing arts
The Primary Talent Pool (PTP) is for students in grades K -3. Gifted and Talented Educational Program (GATE) is for students in grades 4 - 12.